Technical Assistant, Blood Drives
Permanent position on the call list
DEPARTMENT / DIVISION
Operations / Procurement
South Shore regional mobile blood drive service
Reporting to the mobile blood drive supervisors, the Blood Drive Technical Assistant is a member of the blood drive team responsible for:
- Taking part in assembling and dismantling the mobile blood drive;
- Taking care of the donor;
- Verifying the blood donor's file;
- Supervising the flow of the blood donation;
- Labelling the blood pouch and the samples;
- Finalizing the blood donation;
- Preparing, sealing and packaging the blood pouches and the samples;
- Entering the data concerning the various donations in the computer system;
- Notifying those concerned and assisting the nurse in the case of discomfort;
- Providing the materials throughout the blood drive.
You have a secondary school diploma. You enjoy team work and are known for your good customer service approach. You are available to work a minimum of three days per week, including Friday (or Monday, depending on the need) as well as one weekend out of three. Finally, you have a very good knowledge of English.
Héma-Québec is committed to the equal access employment program and invites women, Aboriginal people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.