Technical Laboratory Assistant
Permanent, on recall list
DIVISION / DEPARTEMENT
Operations / Production and Customer Service (Hospitals)
Reporting to the Supervisor - Blood Component Preparation and Product Management Services, the technical laboratory assistant will fulfil all of the functions pertaining to the processing and management of biological products. You will be responsible for receiving and handling, product processing, and maintaining biomedical instruments and equipment. You will make partial and complete inventories of blood products and their derivatives and complete and verify various controlled documents. At all stages in your work, you will ensure the optimal quality of biological products in keeping with the procedures and regulations in effect.
More specifically, you will take part in operations pertaining to the receipt, registration and processing of products such as platelets, packed red blood cells and frozen products. Finally, you will perform tasks needed for shipping products to hospitals.
- You have a secondary school diploma V or equivalent.
- You have good manual dexterity and can work quickly.
- For the first six months after hiring, you will be required to be available as follows:
- Nights, from Tuesday through Saturday;
- At the employee's choice, one of the following options:
- Day shifts from Tuesday through Saturday,
- Evening shifts from Tuesday through Saturday;
- One weekend out of three (all shifts).
- Experience working in a production environment where good manufacturing practises are rigorously respected is an asset.
Héma-Québec is committed to the equal access employment program and invites women, Aboriginal people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.