Driver (Material Handler)
Permanent position, on recall list
DEPARTMENT / DIVISION
Operations / Procurement
Montréal’s South Shore
The position involves 90% material handling tasks and 10% driving various vehicles.
Reporting to the mobile blood drive supervisors, you will:
- Drive various types of trucks as well as buses in order to transport the equipment and personnel needed for blood drives, throughout most of the territory of Québec;
- Make sure the various Héma-Québec vehicles (bus, cube, 53’, etc.) are in good condition;
- Make sure the equipment is in good condition when assembling and dismantling material on the blood drive sites;
- Package blood products and samples and transport them to the laboratory;
- Enter data in the computer systems;
- Complete various documents and forms that are required;
- Deliver blood products to hospitals. The driver may be assigned to the loading platform.
Moreover, the driver may be assigned to perform the duties of the technical assistant for the blood drive (with the exception of the hemoglobin test):
- Taking part in assembling and dismantling the mobile blood drive;
- Preparing and taking charge of donors;
- Verifying the donor’s file, monitoring the flow of the blood donation and finalizing the donation;
- Notifying the individuals concerned and helping them in the event of discomfort;
- Providing the materials throughout the blood drive.
You have a Secondary V diploma or the equivalent as well as as a Class 1 driver’s permit or a diploma of professional studies (DEP) in truck transportation. You have had your Class 5 driver’s permit for at least 2 years. You enjoy team work and are known for your good customer service approach. You are available to work a minimum of three (3) days per week, including Friday (or Monday, as needed), as well as one weekend out of three (3). Finally, you have a good knowledge of the English language and are comfortable with computer tools.
In addition to the competitive working conditions offered by Héma-Québec, this position includes the following advantages:
- Uniform provided after the probation period;
- No night shift;
- Meals and travel time paid from our facilities in Brossard and Saint-Laurent;
- Healthy work environment;
- Local transportation;
- Possibility of travelling in various regions in Québec;
- Complete initial training.
Héma-Québec is committed to the equal access employment program and invites women, Aboriginal people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.