Driver (Material Handler)
Permanent position, on recall list
DEPARTMENT / DIVISION
Operations / Procurement
Mobile blood drives in various regions in Québec
You will depart for the blood drives from our facilities in Brossard and/or Saint-Laurent.
The position involves 90% material handling tasks and 10% driving various vehicles.
- Drive various types of vehicles and make sure the vehicles and equipment are in good condition;
- Transport personnel;
- Load, transport, unload and distribute the equipment and supplies needed for blood drives over a large portion of the territory of Québec;
- Load, unload and transport blood units and/or blood by-products in keeping with the instructions received;
- Prepare, package and verify the labelling of each blood unit;
- Enter data in the computer systems and complete various documents and forms that are required.
Moreover, the driver may be assigned various duties performed by a blood drive technical assistant, as follows:
- Taking part in assembling and dismantling the mobile blood drive;
- Prepare and take charge of donors;
- Verify the donor’s file, monitor the flow of the blood donation and finalize the donation;
- Notify the individuals concerned and help them in the event of discomfort;
- Provide the materials throughout the blood drive.
In addition to the competitive working conditions offered by Héma-Québec, this position includes the following advantages:
- Uniform provided after the probation period;
- Meals and travel time paid from our facilities in Brossard and Saint-Laurent;
- Possibility of travelling in various regions in Québec;
- Continuous education.
- Must be over the age of 25 (in keeping with insurance requirements);
- Have a Secondary 5 diploma (or the equivalent) or a diploma of professional studies in transportation (#5291);
- Have a Class 1, 2, 3, 4A, 4B or 5 driver’s permit. You can obtain a Class 4B permit quickly and inexpensively if you have had a Class 5 permit for at least one year. For more information, please consult the SAAQ site at the following address: http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/saaqclic/en/public/grv/class4b.php
- Ability to work in a team;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Must be comfortable working with various computer tools and applications;
- Good knowledge of English is considered an asset;
- Ability to handle and lift loads;
- The candidate must successfully undergo a medical test;
- The candidate who has a Class 2, 3, 4A, 4B or 5 driver’s permit must complete, as needed, training provided by Héma-Québec and successfully complete the road test in a vehicle requiring a Class 4B permit;
- The candidate who has a Class 1 permit must successfully complete the road test in a vehicle requiring a Class 1 permit.
Héma-Québec is committed to the equal access employment program and invites women, Aboriginal people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.