Permanent position - on recall list
DEPARTMENT / DIVISION
Operations / Procurement
Saint-Laurent and South Shore
Reporting to the transport supervisors, the driver is a member of the blood collection team. The work consists of:
- Driving various kinds of trucks, as well as buses, to transport material and staff required to hold blood drives over a large area of Québec;
- Ensure that various Héma-Québec vehicles are in good running order (including buses, cube, 53’);
- Ensure that equipment is in good working order during assembly and disassembly of material at blood drive sites;
- Package blood products and samples and transport them to the laboratory.
The driver may also be required to deliver blood products to hospitals. Finally, the driver may be assigned to the loading dock, mobile unit or Globule blood donor centres.
- Uniform supplied after the probationary period
- Paid meals
- No night shift
- Healthy working environment
- Local transportation
- You must be available to work one out of three weekends.
- Secondary V diploma or equivalent
- Driving experience
- Class 1 driver’s licence
- Enjoy teamwork
- Good customer service attitude
- Working knowledge of English
Héma-Québec is committed to the equal access employment program and invites women, Aboriginal people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.