Permanent - on call list
DEPARTMENT / DIVISION
Reporting to the mobile blood drive and blood donor centre supervisors, you will take part in assembling and dismantling the mobile blood drive, you will provide the material throughout the blood drive and you will greet donors at the blood drives and in the Globule Centres.
More specifically, you will give instructions to the donors, verify and record their information in keeping with the requirements and enter various types of data in the computer system. Moreover, you will make sure the donors read the documents given to them, including the selection criteria, and you will perform hemoglobin tests on the donors. You will also be called on to accompany the donor during the blood donation, particularly by monitoring the flow and finalizing the blood donation, as well as preparing the blood products for transportation. You will also transmit the pertinent information to the volunteers working at the blood drives so as to ensure adequate organization in your sector and you will complete certain reports. In our Globule Centres, you will answer telephone calls and receive fax messages and emails, which you will forward to the individuals concerned.
- Secondary school diploma
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- You enjoy team work
- Customer service experience
- You are available to work a minimum of three days per week, including one Monday or one Friday, as well as one weekend out of two.
- Very good knowledge of English.
- Although the workplace is located on Montréal’s South Shore, you must be available to work occasionally on blood drives organized from our facility in Saint-Laurent
- Complete initial training
- Meals and travel time paid from our facilities in Brossard and Saint-Laurent
- Uniforms and shoes provided
- No night shift
Héma-Québec is committed to the equal access employment program and invites women, Aboriginal people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.