Permanent position, on the call list
DEPARTMENT / DIVISION
Operations / Procurement
Montréal region or South Shore
Reporting to the mobile blood drive supervisors, you will:
- Assemble and dismantle the material required to welcome and register donors;
- Install and validate the computer equipment;
- Provide the materials throughout the blood drive;
- Welcome donors, verify and enter their data in the computer system and assist them in the registration process;
- Provide the pertinent information to the donors, the local organization and volunteers working at the blood drives;
- Answer telephone calls, and transmit the calls and the information to those concerned. Follow up on the information received by fax, internal mail or other means;
- Complete certain documents and reports concerning the blood drive and in the GLOBULE blood donor centres;
- Take part in making, confirming and reconciling donor appointments;
- Make sure the donors read the documents given to them, including the selection criteria;
- Perform the hemoglobin test on donors;
- Accompany the donor during the blood donation, particularly by monitoring the flow and finalizing the blood donation, as well as preparing the blood products for transportation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
You have a Secondary 5 diploma or the equivalent. You enjoy team work and are known for your good customer service approach. You are available to work a minimum of three (3) days per week, including Friday (or Monday, as needed), as well as one weekend out of two (2). Although the workplace is located in Montréal, you must be able to work occasionally on blood drives organized from our facility on Montréal’s South Shore. Finally, you have a good knowledge of the English language and are comfortable with computer tools.
In addition to the competitive working conditions offered by Héma-Québec, this position includes the following advantages:
- Uniform provided;
- Day and evening schedule;
- Meals and travel time paid from our facilities in Brossard and Saint-Laurent;
- Possibility of travelling in various regions in Québec;
- Complete initial training.
Héma-Québec is committed to the equal access employment program and invites women, Aboriginal people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.