Permanent, on the call list
You will be called upon to carry out a variety of tasks in a laboratory environment that adheres to strict quality standards. Depending on which unit you are assigned to, these tasks may include:
- Screening for viral markers using state-of-the-art instruments and techniques (e.g. nucleic acid testing)
- Labelling blood products
- Screening for antibodies and blood typing using serological techniques
- Culturing platelet components to detect bacteria
- Responding to hospital requests
- HLA testing
- Freezing stem cells and rare blood types
- Calibrating and performing preventive maintenance on biomedical equipment
- You have a DCS in biomedical analysis technology or the equivalent. A bachelor's degree in biomedical sciences or the equivalent will also be considered. Moreover, you must have acquired knowledge in the following fields: microbiology, virology and pathogenesis, immunology-hematology (blood bank) as well as in molecular biology.
- You must be available to work days, evenings and/or nights, as well as one weekend out of two.
- The main shifts are days and evenings, Monday through Saturday
- Career advancement and stimulating projects
- Leading-edge equipment
- Continuous education
Héma-Québec is committed to the equal access employment program and invites women, Aboriginal people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.