Technical Assistant,Blood Drives
Several permanent positions – on recall list
As a member of the blood drive team, you will take part in setting up and dismantling the blood drive equipment and you will take charge of the donor during the various steps in the blood donation process. More specifically, you will:
- Welcome and register donors;
- Take part in making, confirming and reconciling donor appointments;
- Complete certain documents and reports concerning the blood drive or in our Globule blood donor centres.
- Assemble and dismantle collection equipment;
- Prepare and take charge of donors;
- Perform the hemoglobin test on donors, as needed;
- Monitor the blood flow;
- Prepare and package each unit of blood;
- Help and assist the other members of the team;
- Prepare, package, classify, maintain and clean any device, instrument, material, equipment and supplies used for blood collection;
- During the preparation of the blood drive, provide and forward supplies and put they away when you get back;
- All other tasks required by the immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- You have a secondary school diploma (SSD);
- You are available to work a minimum of three days per week and one weekend out of three, including a Monday and/or a Friday;
- You are throughly familiar with the “customer service” approach;
- You have good computer skills;
- You are a team player.
- Uniforms and shoes provided;
- Day and evening schedule;
- Possibility of travelling in various regions in Québec;
- Complete initial training.
Héma-Québec is committed to the equal access employment program and invites women, Aboriginal people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.