Register to the Public cord blood bank
You decided to give the umbilical cord blood of your child at birth ? This precious donation will be made in three steps : the first being the registration.
To register to the Public Cord Blood Bank, you must complete a form that can be obtained by contacting an Héma-Québec's counselor at 1-800-565-6635 or 514-832-5000, ext. 5253. It will be sent to you by post. Then, it only takes a few minutes to fill out.
Before contacting a representative of the Public cord blood bank, the future mothers wishing to donate the umbilical cord blood of their babies must be :
- in good health;
- aged 18 and over;
- register prior to the 36th week of pregnancy;
- pregnant with one baby (not twins);
- give birth at our current partner hospital centres
To learn more or to register :
- Read the Information guide and registration - Public cord blood bank
- Call 1-800-565-6635 or 514-832-5000, ext. 5253
- Send an email at email@example.com