Public Cord Blood Bank
Héma-Québec collects, processes, analyzes and stores umbilical cord blood. There are currently more than 10,000 units of cord blood in Héma-Québec’s Public Cord Blood Bank ready to be used. In addition to meeting local and national needs, it contributes to international efforts to find stem cells for patients awaiting a transplant.
The organizational structure of Héma-Québec’s Public Cord Blood Bank includes:
- a stem cell laboratory responsible for the qualification, processing and cryopreservation of cord blood units;
- a team dedicated to recruiting and screening mothers.
Héma-Québec’s cord blood collection program is active in the following partner hospitals:
- St. Mary’s Hospital Center
- CHU Sainte-Justine Mother and Child University Hospital Center
- Royal Victoria Hospital
- CHU de Québec (mother-child centre)
- Hôpital de la Cité-de-la-Santé de Laval
- Centre hospitalier de LaSalle
- Hôpital du Sacré-Cœur de Montréal
- Lakeshore General Hospital
To request a search:
- Telephone: 514-832-1031
- Fax: 514-832-0266
- Email: email@example.com.
Click here to go to the form download page.