The Héma-Québec volunteer recognition program highlights the invaluable contribution of:
- group leaders and volunteers working in permanent groups;
- members of the Association of Blood Donation Volunteers (ABDV);
- blood drive organizing committees; and
- student volunteers.
With our deepest gratitude
The Héma-Québec volunteer recognition program is a way to thank volunteers on a daily basis. It includes various events and tokens of recognition:
- Annual public recognition as part of National Volunteer Week and National Blood Donor Week
- Official recognition ceremonies during regional public meetings (in every region every two years)
- Annual recognition evenings honouring volunteers from permanent groups in Montréal and Québec City
Tokens of recognition
- Certificate of recognition given every five years
- Distinctive souvenir pin given after every five-year period of volunteering
Please note that there is a separate recognition program for blood donors and stem cell donors.
Every year, Héma-Québec organizes a special recognition evening for unrelated stem cell donors, in order to honour their extraordinary generosity and selflessness.
For additional information about our volunteer recognition program, please contact us.