Who can donate mother's milk?
Do you have the right profile?
Mothers who wish to donate milk must be:
- in good health
- nursing and able to produce surplus milk
1. If you live in a municipality of the Montreal Metropolitan Community (including Saint-Jérôme and Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu) or the Québec Metropolitan Community (including Laurier-Station, Saint-Basile, Saint-Apollinaire, Neuville, Pont-Rouge and Donnacona), we invite you to contact us after your delivery to validate your eligibility for the Public Mothers' Milk Bank. You may also register before your delivery. In this case, we will contact you few weeks after your due date.
2. If you will be delivering at one of the following partner centres, you may register for the Public Mothers' Milk Bank during your pregnancy:
- St. Mary's Hospital
- CHU Sainte-Justine Mother and Child University Hospital Center
- McGill University Health Centre (Glen site)
- Centre mère-enfant du CHUQ
- Hôpital de la Cité-de-la-Santé de Laval
- LaSalle General Hospital
- Hôpital du Sacré-Coeur de Montréal
- Lakeshore General Hospital
- Jewish General Hospital
3. If you live in Estrie, find out about the pilot project currently underway.
For more information:
- Call 1-800-565-6635 or 514-832-5000, ext. 5253
- Write to email@example.com
- Visit the What to expect? section