Press releases 2015
- Canadian expertise – Héma-Québec’s Public Cord Blood Bank achieves world-class status
Montréal, December 21, 2015
Héma-Québec’s Public Cord Blood Bank crossed an important threshold today, by making the 10,000th unit of cord blood available for transplant.
- First woman reaches the exceptional mark of 1,000 blood donations in Québec
Québec City, December 14, 2015
A blood donor in the Québec City area, Ms. Laureen Corcoran, was recognized for her 1,000th donation today at the GLOBULE Blood Donor Centre in the Laurier Québec shopping centre. She is the first woman to have accomplished such a feat in Québec.
- 1,000 donors sought for future PLASMAVIE Lounge – Héma-Québec steps up donor recruitment for its Sherbrooke centre
Sherbrooke, December 9, 2015
Héma-Québec is preparing for its upcoming arrival in Sherbrooke and is finalizing major work at its future PLASMAVIE Plasma Donor Lounge.
- Trois-Rivières and surrounding areas – More arms are needed
Montréal, November 17, 2015
Héma-Québec must reach 13,500 donations at its Trois-Rivières PLASMAVIE Plasma Donor Lounge by March 31, 2016. However, with the deadline four and a half months away and only a little over a third of the objective reached, it is clear that Héma-Québec needs more arms in order for the Kruger street centre to achieve its target.
- Successful implementation of ePROGESA brings Héma-Québec’s blood collection operations to a new level
Montréal, October 21, 2015
MAK-SYSTEM International Group and Héma-Québec announced today the successful implementation of ePROGESA, the software solution managing the complete Héma-Québec’s blood management operations.
- PLASMAVIE-GLOBULE in Saguenay: First Double Banner Donor Centre in Québec
Saguenay, September 17, 2015
Héma-Québec has officially launched the activities of the PLASMAVIE Plasma Donor L and the GLOBULE Blood Donor Centre in Saguenay.
- A blood donor from the Quebec City area reaches the 1000th donation mark
Quebec City, July 29, 2015
Blood donor Jacques Chouinard, a resident of the Quebec City area, has made his 1000th blood donation at the Laurier Québec GLOBULE Donor Centre.
- Health Canada – Québec City facility and Place Laurier GLOBULE Blood Donor Centre pass inspections
Québec City, July 2, 2015
From May 4 to 8, 2015, Health Canada conducted its annual inspection of the Québec City facility as well as the Place Laurier GLOBULE Blood Donor Centre, following which their establishment licences were renewed.
- National Blood Donor Week : Recipients Thank Blood Donors
Québec City, June 8, 2015
Recipients of blood products are taking the opportunity of National Blood Donor Week (June 8–14) to thank those who, rain or shine, roll up their sleeves to save the lives of others.
- Serge Maltais named President and CEO of Héma-Québec
Montréal, April 28, 2015
The Chair of Héma-Québec’s Board of Directors, Martine Carré, is pleased to announce the appointment of Serge Maltais to the position of President and CEO of Héma-Québec effective May 18.
- Canada’s largest human tissue bank is in Québec
Québec City, April 24, 2015
When Patrick Beaupré suffered an eye injury at just 19 years of age, he would have become blind were it not for the generosity of one of the 734 individuals who consented to donate human tissues before they died last year and the expertise of the Centre universitaire d’ophtalmologie de Québec where Patrick received a corneal transplant.
- Héma-Québec Launches Operation 650 in Trois-Rivières
Trois-Rivières, April 9, 2015
This year, the budget for plasma-based drugs will increase by almost 12%. To meet this need, Héma-Québec must adjust its strategy to collect more plasma. Today, Héma-Québec is launching Operation 650, a campaign to recruit 650 new donors for the PLASMAVIE Plasma Donor Lounge in Trois-Rivières.
- Acces to information
Montréal, April 1, 2015
In the interest of transparency and in the spirit of the Québec regulation respecting the distribution of information, which comes into effect today, Héma-Québec is announcing that it will post on its website all information disclosed in response to access to information requests.
- Hope for patients waiting for a transplant
Montréal, March 25, 2015
Bone Marrow Donors Worldwide (BMDW), an organization linking stem cell donor registries in different countries, and the World Marrow Donor Association (WMDA) report having reached 25 million registered donors.
- Temporary halt to production at the Public Mothers’ Milk Bank
Montréal, February 27, 2015
On December 5, 2014, Héma-Québec notified Québec hospitals that it was interrupting the production and distribution of units of breast milk from its Public Mothers’ Milk Bank.
- New expertise in human-derived biological products
Québec City, January 16, 2015
A young boy in Stoneham owes his sight to the work of a team of researchers from Héma-Québec and a product they developed using a derivative of plasma, the liquid portion of blood that contains a variety of proteins.
- Health Canada – Montreal facility and Place Versailles GLOBULE Blood Donor Centre pass inspections
Québec City, January 5, 2014
From December 1 to 10, 2014, Health Canada conducted its annual inspection of the Montreal facility as well as the Place Versailles GLOBULE Blood Donor Centre, following which their establishment licences were renewed.