Pilot project in Estrie
Who can participate in the pilot project?
To participate, you must be:
- in good health;
- nursing your baby and able to produce surplus milk;
- a non-smoker; and
- residing within a one-hour drive from the drop-off point located at the Sherbrooke PLASMAVIE Plasma Donor Lounge: 3200, rue King Ouest (local A-170).
How to participate?
First, register for the Public Mothers’ Milk Bank by following these instructions.
- Read the pamphlet on donating mother's milk;
- Complete and return to Héma-Québec:
- Have this authorization letter signed by a health professional and return it to Héma-Québec:
- if there is a fee for signing this letter, you can claim it by completing this refund request and returning it to Héma-Québec.
- Read the Information Guide on Breast Milk Donation.
Documents can be scanned and returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Héma-Québec Public Mothers’ Milk Bank at: 4045, boulevard Côte-Vertu, Montréal, Québec H4R 2W7.
Once we have received your documents, we will call you. You will answer a health questionnaire during a telephone interview.
If you qualify based on the health questionnaire, you will be asked to go to the PLASMAVIE in Sherbrooke for a blood test.
If you qualify after your blood test, other information will be given to you on site and you will be given bottles in which to collect your donations.
Mothers who meet the qualification criteria collect their milk at home, freeze it and bring it to the PLASMAVIE Plasma Donor Lounge located at: 3200, rue King Ouest, Sherbrooke (local A-170).