- Creation of a state consent registry for organ and tissue donations: a step in the right direction
Québec, November 11, 2010
Québec-Transplant and Héma-Québec applaud the government’s commitment to assign the management of a consent registry for organ and tissue collection to the Régie de l’assurance-maladie du Québec (RAMQ), as stipulated in Bill 125, An Act to facilitate organ and tissue donation. They also acknowledge measures intended to facilitate organ donation, particularly the proposed modifications to the Act respecting Labour Standards concerning live donors, disclosed today by Mr. Yves Bolduc, Minister of Health and Social Services.
- Agreement between Héma-Québec and three CSN unions ratified
Montréal, July 27, 2010
The agreement in principle concluded on July 5 by the management of Héma-Québec and the three CSN unions representing the Montréal facility was ratified at three general assemblies held on July 17, July 18 and July 25.
- This summer, lend an arm: a stop at a blood drive can save several lives!
Montréal, July 12, 2010As part of its "This summer, lend a hand. Lend an arm." campaign, launched on June 14, Héma-Québec is appealing to the generosity of blood donors; the coming weeks will be important for maintaining the collective blood reserve at an adequate level.
- Strike avoided: Agreement in principle with the three CSN unions representing the Montreal facility
Montréal, July 6, 2010
An agreement in principle has been reached with each of the three CSN unions representing the Montréal facility and Héma-Québec, avoiding the strike that had been planned for today and tomorrow.
- Blood drives will be held despite a strike by certain Héma-Québec unions
Montréal, June 14, 2010
Héma-Québec is appealing to blood donors, asking them to come to the blood drive sites during the five-day strike announced by three Montréal facility unions affiliated with the CSN on June 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19. Héma-Québec would like to remind the public that all scheduled blood drives will be maintained.
- This summer, make the move from being a potential donor to an active donor
Montreal, June 14, 2010
As part of the third National Blood Donor Week, which starts today and ends on June 20, Héma-Québec would like to remind the public about the importance of giving blood and thank all those who contribute to this cause.
- Three Québec personalities have agreed to endorse the cause of giving blood
Montreal, June 13, 2010
For the third edition of National Blood Donor Week, which takes place from June 14 to June 20, three well-known and respected Québec personalities have agreed to endorse Héma-Québec’s mission.
- Health Canada: Successful inspections for Héma-Québec
Montréal, June 8, 2010
Héma-Québec has passed Health Canada’s annual inspection of its facilities and, consequently, her establishment license is maintained. The yearly audit took place between October 5-16 for Montréal and between November 30 and December 4th for Québec City.
- Despite two days of strikes on May 27 and May 28: Héma-Québec believes that solidarity towards patients should take precedence
Montréal, May 27, 2010
Héma-Québec is appealing to blood donors, asking them to come to the blood drive sites during the two strike days organized by three Montréal facility unions affiliated with the CSN on May 27-28. Héma-Québec would like to remind the public that all scheduled blood drives are being maintained.
- New recourse to strike: Héma-Québec deplores the union’s attitude and invites the public to give blood
Montréal, May 14, 2010
Héma-Québec feels that the decision by the three CSN unions to strike again on May 27 and May 28 will prolong the labour conflict uselessly. Héma-Québec will, nevertheless, make sure that despite this situation the hospitals will have blood products in sufficient quantities to treat their patients.
- Despite a strike today, Héma-Québec invites the population to donate blood
Montréal, May 5, 2010
The population is invited to give blood generously today despite the one-day strike by three of Héma-Québec’s nine unions in some regions of Quebec.
- Despite a possible strike on May 5, Héma-Québec invites the population to donate blood
Montréal, May 3, 2010
The population is invited to give blood generously despite the announcement made by three of Héma-Québec’s nine unions of a possible strike on May 5 in the Greater Montréal area and western Québec.
- Despite a possible strike 1,000 blood donations are needed every day to meet patients' needs
Montréal, April 26, 2010
Héma-Québec will do everything necessary to prevent negative impacts on the collective blood supply, despite the announcement by three of the nine unions representing its unionized personnel of a possible strike on May 5, 2010.
- National Volunteer Week - Volunteers: vital for those who donate and receive blood products
Montréal, April 19, 2010
For this National Volunteer Week, with the theme “Volunteer for life”, Héma-Québec would like to highlight the vital role played by community partners in maintaining the collective blood supply at a sufficient level.
- Héma-Québec will raise blood donor awareness about the importance of donating organs and tissues
Montréal, April 18, 2010
For National Organ and Tissue Donor Week 2010, Héma-Québec is taking another step forward in its efforts to raise blood donor and volunteer awareness. From April 18 to April 25, the organization will encourage people at all the blood donor clinics organized throughout the province to indicate their intention to donate organs and tissues.
- Héma-Québec deplores strike threats
Montréal, March 22, 2010
Héma-Québec deplores today’s announcement by three unions affiliated with the CSN of a possible strike. Héma-Québec’s unionized employees are represented by a total of nine unions.
- Black communities: essential support for the collective blood supply
Montréal, February 1, 2010
Every year, Black History Month highlights the indisputable contribution of Black communities to political, cultural, social and economic life in Québec. With this in mind, Héma-Québec is pleased to be part of the 2010 Black History Month.