Who are we?
Héma-Québec's mission is to efficiently meet the needs of the Québec population for quality blood and other biological products of human origin.
To carry out its mission, Héma-Québec:
- Promotes blood, blood stem cells and human tissue donation as a civic duty;
- Establishes and maintains respectful and informed partnerships with donors and volunteers for the supply of blood, plasma and blood stem cells;
- Develops an approach with the families of tissue donors that is respectful of people and their emotions;
- Fosters durable relationships with client - hospitals;
- Informs the public in a transparent manner;
- Develops and maintains a stimulating and enriching work environment which respects the individual;
- Complies with highly stringent quality and safety standards in order to maintain the trust of blood recipients and the public;
- Provides training to personnel and volunteers so that they may perform their respective duties with a high level of competence;
- Ensures efficient administration by providing ongoing support to personnel and developing appropriate and effective tools;
- Allocates appropriate resources in research and development so as to develop new technologies and innovative products;
- Establishes and maintains partnerships with the different stakeholders involved in the Québec, Canadian and international blood management systems.
A great mission. A great team.
Héma-Québec encompasses more than 1,300 employees, more than 2,000 blood drives and nearly 165,000 blood donors every year, thousands of volunteers and over 300,000 blood products delivered annually to Québec hospitals to meet the needs of patients.
To become a strategic partner for the Québec health system.
Act in accordance with one’s words and values, both on a personal and organizational level, and comply with laws, policies and directives while respecting commitments with honesty and conviction. Communicate in a transparent and sincere manner and tell things how they are to foster a climate of trust and partnership.
Accept individual differences and each person’s right to express his or her opinions, ideas and different points of view. Listen to others and recognize their expertise, values and qualities in a spirit of collaboration and team work.
Contribute to creating and maintaining an environment that inspires people to excel. Serve Héma-Québec’s mission and work together to achieve excellence and expected results in an environment where each individual has the opportunity to succeed. Give the best of oneself and contribute with heart and passion to the implementation of the vision and the creation of positive relationships with all of our partners, volunteers and donors.
Take responsibility for one’s actions, be accountable for the actions taken and results obtained in the performance of one’s duties. Take on the role that we have been given and demonstrate the independence needed to take actions and make decisions as required based on the situations that arise. Take initiative, be open-minded and strive to develop one’s full potential in keeping with the goals of the organization.