Who are we?
Héma-Québec's mission is to efficiently provide adequate quantities of safe, optimal blood components, substitutes, human tissues and cord blood to meet the needs of all Quebecers; to provide and develop expertise along with specialized and innovative services and products in the fields of transfusion medicine and human tissue transplantation.
To carry out its mission, Héma-Québec:
- Promotes blood, blood stem cells and human tissue donation as a civic duty;
- Establishes and maintains respectful and informed partnerships with donors and volunteers for the supply of blood, plasma and blood stem cells;
- Develops an approach with the families of tissue donors that is respectful of people and their emotions;
- Fosters durable relationships with client - hospitals;
- Informs the public in a transparent manner;
- Develops and maintains a stimulating and enriching work environment which respects the individual;
- Complies with highly stringent quality and safety standards in order to maintain the trust of blood recipients and the public;
- Provides training to personnel and volunteers so that they may perform their respective duties with a high level of competence;
- Ensures efficient administration by providing ongoing support to personnel and developing appropriate and effective tools;
- Allocates appropriate resources in research and development so as to develop new technologies and innovative products;
- Establishes and maintains partnerships with the different stakeholders involved in the Québec, Canadian and international blood management systems.
A great mission. A great team.
Héma-Québec encompasses 1,300 employees, some 3,000 blood drives and more than 160,000 blood donors every year, 16,000 volunteers and more than 500,000 blood products delivered annually to Québec hospitals to meet the needs of patients.
To excel and innovate for better health.
To be authentic and transparent
To build trust
To solve problems at the source
To learn to communicate
To do things right the first time
To work hard at their endeavours
To think “service” at all times
For both external and internal clients