Press releases 2012
- Héma-Québec addresses the quarantined blood products situation
Montréal, December 5, 2012
On November 28, 2012, as a precautionary measure, Héma-Québec asked that Québec hospital blood banks quarantine packed red blood cells over 14 days old and collected using one of the collection devices used for its blood collection activities. The reason stated was a problem involving a microfissure on certain collection devices.
- Blood supply: Héma-Québec has the situation under control
Montréal, November 29, 2012—Héma-Québec is able to meet the needs of all Québec hospitals. Its blood collection operations and supply to hospitals are under control. All of the blood products currently available to hospitals are safe.
- Héma-Québec quarantines blood products as a precautionary measure
Montréal, November 29, 2012
Héma-Québec would like to inform the public that the blood products currently available for transfusion are perfectly safe. As a precautionary measure, Héma-Québec has asked Québec hospitals to temporarily quarantine certain blood products due to microscopic punctures found on a few blood bags.
- Héma-Québec obtains LEED® Gold certification for renovations to part of its Saint-Laurent facilities
Montréal, November 15, 2012
The Canada Green Building Council has awarded Gold certification for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) to Héma-Québec for renovations to the interior of 4300 Garand Street, one of the buildings that make up Héma-Québec’s Montréal facilities.
- Your blood type can make a difference
Montréal, September 24, 2012
ADMIRABLE, VITAL, IMPORTANT, HONORABLE… These are some of the qualities shared by those who take a few moments of their time to give blood and save lives.
- Une femme marquante pour la Fondation Héma-Québec nous quitte
Montréal, le 16 août 2012
Héma-Québec a le regret d'annoncer le décès de Madame Monique Lefebvre, présidente du conseil d’administration de la Fondation Héma-Québec de 2005 à 2011.
- National Blood Donor Week - Blood Donors: Anonymous Heroes United for Life
Montréal, June 11, 2012
Every 90 seconds, someone gives blood in Québec. This simple act can make the difference between life and death for thousands of sick people who depend on blood products.
- United for life
Montréal, June 4, 2012
When the cause is noble, people are ready to forget their differences and instead come together. This was the idea behind Héma-Québec’s latest campaign.
- Héma-Québec’s Board of Directors welcomes Michèle Beaupré Bériau
Montréal, April 27, 2012
The chairman of Héma-Québec’s Board of Directors, Jean-Pierre Allaire, is pleased to announce the appointment of Michèle Beaupré Bériau to Héma-Québec’s Board of Directors, for a three-year term.
- National Organ and Tissue Donor Week - Donating human tissues : a wish to be respected
Montréal, April 23, 2012
Héma-Québec plans to make the most of National Organ and Tissue Donor Week to remind the public about the importance of consenting to donate organs and tissues.
- National Volunteer Week: at Héma-Québec, volunteers make all the difference!
Montréal, April 16, 2012
National Volunteer Week continues until April 21, under the theme Your presence makes a difference, providing an opportunity to celebrate the dedication of the men and women who make it possible to donate blood, stem cells and human tissues.
- Chinese Canadians urged to help save lives
Montreal, March 29, 2012
OtherHalf - Chinese Stem Cell Initiative and Héma-québec join forces to launch the first recruitment campaign of stem cell donors within the Chinese community in Québec. The members of this community are invited to saves lives at the Montreal Chinese Community and Cultural Center, located at: 1088 Clark Street, March 31, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Héma-Québec Public Cord Blood Bank : first Cord Blood Bank in Canada to be awarded FACT Accreditation
Montreal, March 6, 2012
By demonstrating compliance with the NETCORD-FACT International Standards for Cord Blood Collection, Processing, Testing, Banking, Selection and Release, Héma-Québec Public Cord Blood Bank has earned FACT Accreditation. NETCORD-FACT Standards are defined by leading experts based on the latest knowledge of the field of cord blood banking.
- Le gouvernement du Québec, Transplant Québec et Héma-Québec soulignent le premier anniversaire du Registre des consentements au don d'organes et de tissus
Québec, le 28 février 2012
Le ministre de la Santé et des Services sociaux, le docteur Yves Bolduc, le directeur général de Transplant Québec, monsieur Louis Beaulieu, et le président et chef de la direction d’Héma-Québec, le docteur Jean De Serres, ont souligné aujourd’hui le premier anniversaire de la mise sur pied du Registre des consentements au don d’organes et de tissus de la Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ).
- 21st edition of Black History Month: The collective blood supply needs the contribution of the Black communities
Montréal, January 31, 2012
One human blood donation can save the life of another human being, regardless of his or her skin colour or ethnicity. But for some patients who require multiple blood transfusions, the chances of finding compatible blood are much greater in donors of the same race. This reality means that Québec’s collective blood supply requires more donors from all communities, including the Black communities.
- Health Canada: Héma-Québec’s Montréal facility and Laval Blood Donor Centre pass inspection
Montréal, January 30, 2012
Héma-Québec’s Montréal facility and Laval GLOBULE Blood Donor Centre have successfully passed annual inspection. Health Canada has therefore renewed the Establishment Licence of each facility. This annual audit process ran from November 21 to 25, 2012.