Free accredited training
Héma-Québec is very pleased to make free accredited training available to hospitals and health professionals.
A digital certificate can be obtained upon the successful completion of the evaluation.
How to access the training?
- Choose from the content below (Webinar section).
- Log on to Éducation Héma-Québec to complete your evaluation.
- Retrieve your digital certificate.
Webinars–World Cord Blood Day
The Cord Blood Bank team is presenting a webinar in support of World Cord Blood Day.
Diane Fournier of Héma-Québec’s Cord Blood Bank has committed to celebrating World Cord Blood Day for the second year in a row. For the occasion, a free international webinar in French was given on November 14.
That event was made possible through a partnership with the Liège Cord Blood Bank, the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) and the Société francophone de greffe de moelle et de thérapie cellulaire.
This year, three distinguished guests share the podium in this webinar: Dr. Éliane Gluckman of Saint-Louis hospital in Paris, Dr. Gilles Delage of Héma-Québec and Mathias Malzieu, singer in the group Dionysos, writer and director.
They cover the following topics:
- Immunogenetic diversity in the cord blood registries and banks by Dr. Éliane Gluckman, who performed the very first cord blood transplant;
- Cord blood transplanting and emerging pathogens: is this a cause for concern? by Dr. Gilles Delage of Héma-Québec;
- The personal experience of Mathias Malzieu, a recipient of a cord blood transplant.
The goal of this one-hour webinar (in French), presented as part of World Cord Blood Day 2018, is to better understand the challenges and opportunities in the cord blood field.
The webinar includes a presentation by two highly influential individuals in the stem cell field: Dr. Éliane Gluckman, who performed the first successful human umbilical cord blood transplant, and Mai Duong, a cord blood recipient. Both women share their journey and vision of the field of stem cell transplantation.
Proposed by Diane Fournier of Héma-Québec’s Public Cord Blood Bank, the webinar has received the collaboration of the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) and of Dr. Étienne Baudoux of the Cord Blood Bank of Liège in Belgium.