Press releases 2014
- PLASMAVIE Plasma Donor Lounge in Trois-Rivières
Trois-Rivières, November 19, 2014
One year ago this week, Héma-Québec launched a completely new concept in Trois-Rivières: the PLASMAVIE Plasma Donor Lounge, a unique type of collection centre. The results were so conclusive that Héma-Québec is now announcing the implementation of three similar centres in as many municipalities in Québec.
- Héma-Québec to set up a third plasma collection centre in Sherbrooke
Sherbrooke, October 7, 2014
Héma-Québec announces plans to set up a plasma collection centre in Sherbrooke between now and 2016.
- Héma-Québec announces the departure of Jean De Serres as the President and Chief Executive Officer
Montréal, September 30, 2014
Héma-Québec announces Dr. Jean De Serres has left as of September 29 as the President and Chief Executive Officer. Dr. De Serres had held that position since April 1, 2011.
- National Blood Donor Week - Thank you for giving blood; thank you for giving life
Montréal, June 9, 2014
Héma-Québec is taking advantage of National Blood Donor Week, on now until June 15, to remind everyone of the importance of giving blood.
- HSCM ranked among the best in the world – A new partnership will improve the local supply of human tissues
Montréal, May 28, 2014
The Hôpital du Sacré-Coeur de Montréal (HSCM) is proud today to present the outstanding results of its Centre de prélèvement d’organes (CPO). This regional organ retrieval centre is a pilot project that began a year ago, in June 2013, to reduce the number of Quebecers awaiting an organ or tissue transplant and to save more lives while ensuring the safety of donors and the quality of the organs retrieved.
- Héma-Québec broadens its expertise in human-derived biological products – A public mothers’ milk bank now operational in Québec
Montréal, May 20, 2014
Infants born extremely preterm in Québec now have access to donated breast milk via Héma-Québec’s Public Mothers’ Milk Bank. Héma-Québec is able to supply donated milk to hospitals that provide neonatal care to premature babies born at 32 weeks’ gestation or earlier who cannot be nursed by their mother. This will help save the lives of many newborns by reducing the risk of necrotizing enterocolitis.
- National Organ and Tissue Donation Week – 62% fewer people waiting for a corneal transplant
Montréal, April 22, 2014
The number of people waiting for a corneal transplant in Québec has gone from 704 in February 2011 to 271 in April 2014, which represents a decrease of 62% over three years. A result that can be attributed to the changes made in the past few years to the supply of corneas in Québec.
- National Volunteer Week – Héma-Québec pays tribute to its thousands of volunteers
Montréal, April 7, 2014
Every day, Héma-Québec can count on the contribution of volunteers who enable it to fulfil its mission of giving life. Héma-Québec is taking advantage of National Volunteer Week to pay tribute to its thousands of volunteers.
- A first in the Montérégie region! – A blood donation experience to discover at the Quartier DIX30 GLOBULE Centre
Brossard, February 12, 2014
Today, Héma-Québec inaugurates its Quartier DIX30 GLOBULE Blood Donor Centre. This new GLOBULE Centre offers people living in the Montérégie region a complementary option to the mobile blood drives for supporting the cause of giving life.
- 23rd edition of Black History Month – Héma-Québec reiterates its appeal to Black communities
Montréal, January 31, 2014
Héma-Québec is once again marking Black History Month in an ongoing effort to diversify the collective blood supply and reiterate the importance of the contribution of Black communities.
- Health Canada – Québec City facility and Place Laurier GLOBULE Blood Donor Centre pass inspections
Québec City, January 28, 2014
From September 23 to 27, 2013, Health Canada conducted its annual inspection of the Québec City facility as well as the Place Laurier GLOBULE Blood Donor Centre, following which their establishment licences were renewed.
- Health Canada – Montreal facility and Centre Laval GLOBULE Blood Donor Centre pass inspections
Montreal, January 24, 2014
From November 25 to December 5 2013, Health Canada conducted its annual inspection of the Montreal facility as well as the Centre Laval GLOBULE Blood Donor Centre, following which their establishment licences were renewed.