Press releases 2022
- Héma-Québec Collective Agreements Renewed: Agreement in Principle between Héma-Québec and the APTS
Montréal, November 18, 2022
Héma-Québec announced that an agreement in principle had been reached the previous evening with the APTS – Alliance du personnel professionnel et technique de la santé et des services sociaux. The agreement will be put before the members at a general meeting on November 27. This agreement in principle is the culmination of hard work by both parties, labour and management, and stems from their commitment to good faith negotiations.
- Montréal Canadiens’ Blood Drive – Call for Blood Donations
Montréal, October 18, 2022
Héma-Québec is issuing a call for blood donors to come to the 41st edition of the Montréal Canadiens’ Blood Drive tomorrow, October 19, as well as to the various other blood drives across Québec.
- Regional Strike by a Héma-Québec Union – Blood Collections Still Taking Place
Montreal, September 27, 2022
Héma-Québec is asking blood donors to keep their appointments at various collection sites in the Greater Montreal area on September 27 and 28, 2022, during the two days of a local strike by a Héma-Québec union.
- Starting December 4 – All types of blood donation will be more inclusive
Montréal, September 6, 2022
Héma-Québec is very happy that Health Canada has decided to extend the use of a gender-neutral questionnaire to all types of blood donations. This new measure, effective December 4, will make blood and platelet donations much more inclusive.
- The blood supply is low: Héma-Québec needs 500 more donations per week this summer
Montréal, July 13, 2022
The arrival of the 7th wave of COVID-19 this summer has led Héma-Québec to issue an urgent appeal to blood donors and those who have never donated before to roll up their sleeves.
- Blood drives are being held despite strike action by one Héma-Québec’s union
Montréal, July 6, 2022
Héma-Québec is asking blood donors to come to blood drive sites today during the one-day strike organized by one union affiliated with the Syndicat du personnel infirmier d'Héma-Québec (CSQ-SPI). Héma Québec reminds that all scheduled blood drives are part of essential services and that 1,000 blood donations are required every day to meet the needs of hospitals.
- A call to give blood for the first time: 1,400 new blood donors in June
June 1st, 2022
In order to maintain an adequate and sufficient supply of blood products for the upcoming summer, Héma-Québec is launching the 3 x 1 Challenge. The idea? Make a first blood donation between June 1st and July 1st.
- New seroprevalence study in Québec: One in four people contracted COVID-19 between December 2021 and March 2022
May 9, 2022
A new seroprevalence study of blood donors, conducted by Héma-Québec, estimates that more than one in four Quebec adults developed antibodies to COVID-19 due to infection between the start of the year and mid-March.
- Héma-Québec is experiencing an unusually high rate of cancelled appointments
Montréal, April 6, 2022
In recent days, the number of people in Québec cancelling or not showing up for their appointment to give blood has doubled. In the week of March 28 alone, this led to 800 fewer donations than the anticipated goal of almost 5,500 donations. And the trend is continuing well into this week.
- Eligibility criteria for plasma donation by men who have sex with men: historic change in Québec
Montréal, March 25, 2022
This coming fall, plasma donation will become more inclusive in Québec, without affecting the safety of recipients. This change, which will allow a greater number of men who have sex with men to be able to donate plasma, is the result of a decision by Health Canada following a request by Héma-Québec in 2021.