Press releases 2020
- Blood Donor Seroprevalence Study: 2.23% of Quebec Adults Contracted COVID-19
Montreal, August 5, 2020
A blood donor seroprevalence study, conducted by Héma-Québec in collaboration with the Institut national de santé publique (INSPQ), reveals that 2.23% of blood donors were infected with the COVID-19 virus.
- Héma Québec et le Collège de Rosemont : solidaires pour préserver les banques de tissus oculaires (in French only)
Montréal, le 29 juin 2020
Alors que le Québec vivait une crise sans précédent et que l’accès aux établissements de santé était plus restreint que jamais, deux organismes d’ici, le Collège de Rosemont et Héma-Québec, ont travaillé de concert afin de permettre à l’entreprise québécoise de reprendre ses activités de prélèvement, de préparation et de distribution de tissus oculaires.
- Health Canada: Montreal facility and GLOBULE Blood Donor Center in Brossard inspections
Montreal, June 12, 2020
From September 17 to 27, 2019, Health Canada conducted its annual inspection of the Montreal facility as well as the GLOBULE Blood Donor Centre in Brossard–Quarter DIX30, following which their establishment licences were renewed.
- 100 more blood donations are needed each day: Héma-Québec is asking blood donors to book appointments in large numbers in June
Montréal, June 2, 2020
Héma-Québec is launching an appeal to blood donors to schedule an appointment to give blood in June to restore the reserve to its optimal level in preparation for the summer season.
- Fighting COVID-19: Quebec scientific institutions join forces to develop an extraordinary program of passive plasma immunization
Montreal, April 9, 2020
Is it possible that the blood of those who have recovered from COVID-19 can help cure those who are now sick?
- COVID-19: Héma-Québec reminds everyone of the importance of giving blood at all times
Montréal, March 16, 2020
Héma-Québec is working actively to pursue its mission during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Héma-Québec Ranked 1st in Forbes 2020 Ranking of Best Health Employers in Quebec
Montreal, February 25, 2020
Héma-Québec is proud to welcome the announcement that Forbes has ranked it the top employer with more than 500 employees in Quebec’s health sector.
- The Challenges of Sickle Cell Anemia: 130 Blood Donors Needed to Treat One Person
February 5, 2020
The 2020 edition of Black History Month is an opportunity for Héma-Québec to underscore the vital support of blood donors from Black communities.