Press releases 2018
- A GLOBULE Blood Donor Centre is opening its doors–500 blood donors sought every week in Quartier Lebourgneuf
Québec City, June 12, 2018
To meet the growing demand for certain blood products, Héma-Québec has announced the opening of a second blood donor centre in the Québec City region: the GLOBULE in Quartier Lebourgneuf.
- 10th annual National Blood Donor Week–Give Blood. Give Life.
Montréal, June 11, 2018
From June 11 to 17, Héma-Québec marks the 10th annual National Blood Donor Week. It is an opportunity for the organization to remind that every day, at least 1000 blood donations are needed to maintain the reserve to an optimal level.
- Héma-Québec Public Mothers’ Milk Bank Program expands–Mother’s milk donors needed in Saguenay
Saguenay, June 6, 2018
The Héma-Québec Public Mothers’ Milk Bank is starting a project in Saguenay aiming to recruit 80 donors on a yearly basis, to meet the growing demand for mother’s milk for very premature infants.
- Benoit Morin Named President and Chief Executive Officer of Héma-Québec
Montréal, May 10, 2018
Mme Martine Carré, Chair of the Board of Directors of Héma-Québec, is pleased to announce the appointment of Benoit Morin as President and Chief Executive Officer of Héma-Québec. Mr. Morin will officially assume his duties on June 4.
- Québec Public Mothers’ Milk Bank Able to Support More Premature Babies with Help from an Unlikely Partner: Toyota
Montréal, May 10, 2018
Moms are the everyday heroes whose superpower often goes unnoticed – especially when the life of a fragile premature newborn is at risk. That’s why organizations like Héma-Québec do what they can to support mothers who need that extra ounce of courage. And when Toyota was told they could help multiply the important work being done, they seized the opportunity.
- Héma-Québec Public Mothers’ Milk Bank Program expands–Mother’s milk donors needed in Gatineau
Gatineau, April 27, 2017
The Héma-Québec Public Mothers’ Milk Bank is starting a project in Gatineau aiming to recruit 80 donors on a yearly basis, to meet the growing demand for mother’s milk for very premature infants.
- Consent to Organ and Tissue Donation–Now is the Time to Act
Québec City, April 23, 2018
Héma-Québec is teaming up with Transplant Québec and the Régie de l’assurance maladie during National Organ and Tissue Donation Awareness Week, April 22 to 28, to invite everyone who supports the cause to indicate his or her donor consent.
- Une Gatinoise devient ambassadrice d’Héma-Québec en Outaouais!
Gatineau, le 16 février 2018
Héma-Québec dévoile l’identité de la nouvelle ambassadrice du Salon des donneurs de plasma PLASMAVIE de Gatineau : Heidi Robinson. La jeune femme, reconnue pour son engagement indéfectible envers la cause, compte non seulement 80 dons à son actif, mais profite également de chaque occasion qui s’offre à elle pour faire connaître le don de plasma et ses bienfaits pour les receveurs.
- Black History Month – Héma-Québec reiterates its call for new blood donors from Black communities
Montréal, February 15, 2018
The 2018 edition of Black History Month is an opportunity for Héma-Québec to underscore the vital support of blood donors from Black communities. These communities are especially affected by sickle cell anemia, an inherited blood disease that requires treatment with numerous transfusions at regular intervals. Consequently, donors and recipients must share a similar genetic background.