Press releases 2017
- Héma-Québec Public Mothers’ Milk Bank–Pilot project in Sherbrooke: 80 mother’s milk donors needed
Sherbrooke, November 14, 2017
The Héma-Québec Public Mothers’ Milk Bank is starting a pilot project in Sherbrooke. The main goal of this project is to recruit 80 donors by March 31, 2018, to meet the growing demand for mother’s milk for very premature infants
- More potential tissue donors, more lives improved!
Montréal, November 1st, 201
Urgences-santé has now teamed up with Héma-Québec to implement an improved referencing process for potential human tissue donors during an intervention by paramedics.
- The Olympic Park Tower will be lit up in support of the cause of stem cell donation
Montréal, September 15, 2017
On Saturday, September 16, the Montréal Olympic Park Tower will be lit up in red and blue to mark World Marrow Donor Day. This symbolic gesture is intended to highlight the importance of stem cell donation in the lives of thousands of patients worldwide.
- 100 Mother's Milk Donors Needed
Montréal, August 15, 2017
Héma-Québec’s Public Mothers' Milk Bank is increasing its efforts to recruit new mothers to meet all the needs of infants born preterm at 32 weeks’ gestation or earlier.
- Health Canada – Québec City facility and GLOBULE Laurier Blood Donor Centre pass inspection
Québec City, July 3, 2017
From June 13 to 17, 2016, Health Canada conducted its annual inspection of the Québec facility as well as the GLOBULE Laurier Blood Donor Centre, following which their establishment licences were renewed.
- National Blood Donor Week – Rain or shine, the need for blood never goes away
Montréal, June 12, 2017
Héma-Québec is using National Blood Donor Week, which continues until June 19, to remind the population that Québec’s blood reserve belongs to everyone and that, rain or shine, the need for blood never takes a holiday.
- Health Canada –Montreal facility, Versailles and Dix30 GLOBULE Blood Donor Centres pass inspections
Montreal, May 17, 2017
From November 28 to December 8 2016, Health Canada conducted its annual inspection of the Montreal facility as well as the Versailles and Dix30 GLOBULE Blood Donor Centres, following which their establishment licences were renewed.
- National Organ and Tissue Donor Week - Give a legacy of life!
Québec City, April 24, 2017
Héma-Québec will mark the 20th annual National Organ and Tissue Donor Week from April 24 to 30 and continue its efforts to raise awareness among prospective donors about registering their consent and informing their family of their decision. It is important to point out that, although a majority of Quebecers confirm they are in favour of organ and tissue donation, fewer than half have actually formalized their consent.
- 26th annual black history month–Héma-Québec calls on women in Black communities to give blood
Montréal, February 17, 2017
On the occasion of the 26th edition of Black History Month, Héma-Québec would like to emphasize how essential contributions from Québec’s Black communities are to the public blood supply. The various initiatives and efforts implemented in recent years to further engage these communities in this regard have helped recruit more than 4,500 new blood donors.
- Statement by Héma-Québec regarding the shooting that took place January 29 at the Centre islamique de Québec
Montréal, January 30, 2017
Héma-Québec was shocked to learn that one of its employees, Mr. Alexandre Bissonnette, was arrested as a suspect in the tragic events that took place at the Centre culturel islamique de Québec on January 29, 2017.