Press releases 2021
- Human Tissue: A Regional First in Québec
Saguenay, December 9, 2021
A new partnership has been created between Héma-Québec and the Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux (CIUSSS) du Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean in the area of human tissue. It will optimize the identification of potential human tissue donors and their collection, based on transplant needs in Québec.
- Plasma Donations in Trois-Rivières and Québec The Trifluvian Model Replicated Elsewhere in Québec
Trois-Rivières, December 6, 2021
It was eight years ago in Trois-Rivières that Héma-Québec launched an ambitious strategy to improve the plasma supply in Québec. The success of that pilot project led to the creation of other centres elsewhere in Québec.
- The Medal of the National Assembly of Québec is presented to Héma-Québec
Montréal, November 18, 2021
The Government of Québec presented yesterday the Medal of the National Assembly to Nathalie Fagnan, President and Chief Executive Officer of Héma-Québec.
- Blood drives are being held despite strike action by some of Héma-Québec’s unions
Montréal, November 8, 2021
Héma-Québec is appealing to blood donors to come to blood drive sites today and tomorrow during the two-day strike organized by five of Héma-Québec’s unions affiliated with the Fédération de la santé et des services sociaux (FSSS-CSN).
- Blood supply: Donors respond generously to the call
Montréal, October 26, 2021
Héma-Québec’s appeal to increase blood donations was heard loud and clear. Since last week, an influx of donor traffic at blood drives has helped meet our daily goal for blood donations, and the trend continues as donors book appointments. Thanks to their generosity, the supply of O+ blood in hospitals has returned to normal.
- Blood reserves are low: Héma-Québec needs 400 more donors each day
Montréal, October 14, 2021
Héma-Québec is inviting blood donors and anyone who is thinking about giving for the first time to roll up their sleeves and make an appointment today to give blood.
- National blood donor week: Reopening and summer days lead to a slowdown in appointments to donate blood
Montréal, June 14, 2021
Relaxed health restrictions and warm summer temperatures are leading to fewer appointments to donate blood and plasma. But the need for blood products never slows down. Héma-Québec is launching an appeal to healthy individuals who want to donate blood or plasma to act now and throughout the summer.
- Auditor General’s Recommendations–Héma-Québec commits to optimizing its management
Montréal, June 2, 2021
Héma-Québec has taken stock of the report of the Auditor General of Québec, made public today, and fully welcomes the recommendations made. In the next few years, Héma-Québec will work diligently on behalf of Quebecers to maintain the excellence and growth of its essential services.
- New seroprevalence study of blood donors
Montréal, May 27, 2021
A second seroprevalence study of blood donors, conducted by Héma-Québec in collaboration with the Institut national de santé publique (INSPQ) and in partnership with the COVID-19 Immunity Task Force (CITF), estimates that 15% of the adult population in Québec had developed antibodies to the COVID-19 virus by the end of the second wave of the pandemic in March.
- National Organ and Tissue Donation Awareness Week–Talk to Your Loved Ones!
Montréal, April 19, 2021
National Organ and Tissue Donation Awareness Week is April 18 to 25, and Héma-Québec is taking the opportunity to remind everyone of the importance of indicating your consent to be a donor by signing your health insurance card or joining one of the official registries and, especially, letting your loved ones know your wishes.
- A campaign that underscores the importance of blood donation in the treatment of sickle cell anemia
Montréal, January 28, 2021
Héma-Québec is launching a campaign to promote the importance of blood donation in the treatment of sickle cell anemia, an inherited blood disorder that is especially prevalent in the Black population.