Press releases 2021
- National blood donor week: Reopening and summer days lead to a slowdown in appointments to donate blood
Montréal, June 14, 2021
Relaxed health restrictions and warm summer temperatures are leading to fewer appointments to donate blood and plasma. But the need for blood products never slows down. Héma-Québec is launching an appeal to healthy individuals who want to donate blood or plasma to act now and throughout the summer.
- Auditor General’s Recommendations–Héma-Québec commits to optimizing its management
Montréal, June 2, 2021
Héma-Québec has taken stock of the report of the Auditor General of Québec, made public today, and fully welcomes the recommendations made. In the next few years, Héma-Québec will work diligently on behalf of Quebecers to maintain the excellence and growth of its essential services.
- New seroprevalence study of blood donors
Montréal, May 27, 2021
A second seroprevalence study of blood donors, conducted by Héma-Québec in collaboration with the Institut national de santé publique (INSPQ) and in partnership with the COVID-19 Immunity Task Force (CITF), estimates that 15% of the adult population in Québec had developed antibodies to the COVID-19 virus by the end of the second wave of the pandemic in March.
- National Organ and Tissue Donation Awareness Week–Talk to Your Loved Ones!
Montréal, April 19, 2021
National Organ and Tissue Donation Awareness Week is April 18 to 25, and Héma-Québec is taking the opportunity to remind everyone of the importance of indicating your consent to be a donor by signing your health insurance card or joining one of the official registries and, especially, letting your loved ones know your wishes.
- A campaign that underscores the importance of blood donation in the treatment of sickle cell anemia
Montréal, January 28, 2021
Héma-Québec is launching a campaign to promote the importance of blood donation in the treatment of sickle cell anemia, an inherited blood disorder that is especially prevalent in the Black population.